funkyf@ctory development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
funkyf@ctory development

discuss the products of funkyf@ctory development

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:07 am

philg

Hi,

Ive just purchased Aerodrom and when I installed it Sophos detected malware in ALAC.DLL and deleted it.

So basically I cant run or install Aerodrom.

Is this a known issue, I tried the file on VirusTotal and it seems to confirm Sophos. Im not too keen on using this if it is infected.

I cant post the link to virustotal here because new users cant post links. Please let me know if you want it PM'd or emailed to you.

Thanks,
Phil

2Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Virus in ALAC.dll Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am

Admin

Admin

ALAC.dll is packed therefore reported as virus / malware.
You can trust ALAC.dll - it makes no harm to your computer.

https://funkyfactory.forumotion.com

3Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Re: Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:02 pm

philg

OK I did that, , all well and good until Sophos updated and removed the DLL again.

This is not a feasible solution. Is there any alternative? not packing the DLL? Contacting the AV vendors and getting it whitelisted?

Thanks,
Phil

4Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Re: Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Thunderbyte

Avast with it's definitions from 06. Nov. 2011 also defines ALAC.dll as a virus.

I am sure that it is not a virus, however this is no acceptable behaviour. We need an update, as Aerodrom is unusable with this!

I have sent in this dll to Avast as a false positive. This is no solution for all the AV providers out there.

5Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Re: Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:08 am

gsi095

Panda also deletes it.

Is there a fix?

Dave

6Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Re: Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 pm

jholvoet

Same issue for me with Norton Antivirus, reported ALAC.DLL to be infested with BackDoor.Sdbot.
Demo version of Aerodrom did run fine though, and that's why I bought the full version !

Tried to de-activate Norton to achieve installation, worked fine and after that, Aerodrom did work (tried audio only). As soon as Norton gets back, aerodrom stops working immediately.

This software seems great, but a fix for this issue would be appreciated.

7Virus/Malware in ALAC.DLL? Empty Antivir Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:47 pm

Admin

Admin

We reported virus false detection already to Avira, Norton(Symantec), Sophos and Avast. Avira already confimed false detection. All others are still working on this issue.

Update:
  • Sophos also will no longer detect Alac.dll

Update 31.1.2012:
  • Avast will no longer detext Alac.dll

• false detection reported to McAfee

Update 1.2.2012:
  • Norton(Symantec) will no longer detext Alac.dll

Update 3.2.2012:
  • false detection reported to Kaspersky

• Kaspersky will no longer detext Alac.dll

Update 9.3.2012:
  • Bitdefender will no longer detext Alac.dll

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Update)

https://funkyfactory.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum