funkyf@ctory development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
funkyf@ctory development

discuss the products of funkyf@ctory development

You are not connected. Please login or register

1.1.6.0 audio stuttering and high CPU usage

+2
skullbox
PieterPan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PieterPan

Hi,

I just bought AeroDrom, overall it works fine for video (with low cpu usage) but audio stutters quite often, and it has high cpu usage (50% on a machine with 2 cores). I'm running windows 7 64 bits. I've tried with and without the MCE plugin, no difference. Audio is streamed over wifi via 1 router. iPhone 5.0.1 and iPad 4.3.5, both the same problem...

It is always one thread that consumes the cpu. I don't see many .NET exceptions, or excessive garbage collections in .NET using Process Explorer. If there's something I can do to help troubleshoot this, let me know. (I develop .NET applications, so I might be able to help troubleshoot).

Let me know what else you need (you can email me with the email address associated with this forum account)

Regards,
Pieter

Settings-------------------------------------------------------------
License: >xxx<
published AirPlay: True
published AirTunes: True
NetworkPort1: 7000
NetworkPort2: 5000
NetworkAdapter:
useAudioPassword:
AudioPassword:
Screen:
PublishName:
RunWindowed:
TimeSync:
Network-------------------------------------------------------------
Description: Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
IPEnabled: True
IPAddress v4: 192.168.1.52
IPAddress v6: fe80::944d:6ad4:c840:5aba
MACAddress: 00:08:CA:59:55:B4
Index: 12
Caption: [00000012] Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter
Screens-------------------------------------------------------------
i - (\\.\DISPLAY1)
MediaCenter-------------------------------------------------------------
8fdcdd5a-f11e-4f15-aa67-44c528fd7514
e13fc7c4-4068-4780-b2ed-f93a808036d0

skullbox

I have the exact same issue. Videos and pictures are fine, but the audio stuttering is just annoying. Is there a way to fix this?

mmarukaw

The same issue has happend after updgrading to 1.1.6.0.
I found DXVA GPU decoding is not working with 1.1.6.0, which causes to consume more CPU power for decoding.
Does anyone know the way to use DXVA with 1.1.6.0?

Admin

Admin

Dear Sirs,

Is this all the same problem ? DXVA GPU decoding does not seem to be the same problem as audio stuttering.
About audio stuttering:
We changed audio streaming from iOS devices to use AAC audio because we experienced better quality in testing. Can you please test using another PC with iTunes. iTunes still uses ALAC encoding and we can make the use of AAC configurable if ALAC makes less problems.
Please contact us directly to help you solve the problem.

best regards
funky

https://funkyfactory.forumotion.com

sivart321

I too am having stuttering issues with 1.1.6.0 on all of my devices running iOS 5.1.1.

61.1.6.0 audio stuttering and high CPU usage Empty problem with audio Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:53 am

eddedrukker

Hi there, i also notice when i play mp3 via ipad3 (apple) (remote) from my whs where i run itunes with ihomeserver that there are little hiks sounds like cracks (i don't know how to discribe it. I play it with airplay to my home cinema pc with win7 mce mediacenter that is connected with my receiver. I don't hear this when i play it from the mediacenter music section this sounds clear, what can be the problem? i didn't hear it with the previous version, what can i do? I'm a licende user, greeting ed cox form holland

Admin

Admin

Please try the latest version 1.1.7.0. We improved audio playback with this version.

sivart321

Admin wrote:Please try the latest version 1.1.7.0. We improved audio playback with this version.

I installed 1.1.7.0 and am having worse stuttering and dropouts than I did before. I also now have a problem where one of the two channels will cut out, playing music from only the right speaker. A few times it has stopped playing music completely, and starts making a high pitched buzzing sound/whine.

Admin

Admin

I installed 1.1.7.0 and am having worse stuttering and dropouts than I did before. I also now have a problem where one of the two channels will cut out, playing music from only the right speaker. A few times it has stopped playing music completely, and starts making a high pitched buzzing sound/whine.[/quote]

How are you connected and how is your wireless network ? Please contact us via email (on our homepage) to resolve your problems.

sivart321

Admin wrote:I installed 1.1.7.0 and am having worse stuttering and dropouts than I did before. I also now have a problem where one of the two channels will cut out, playing music from only the right speaker. A few times it has stopped playing music completely, and starts making a high pitched buzzing sound/whine.

How are you connected and how is your wireless network ? Please contact us via email (on our homepage) to resolve your problems.[/quote]

Most of the house is hooked up with gigabit ethernet, fed by a few gigabit switches and a d-link wireless N router. All of my apple devices are confirmed as running on wireless N and my HTPC is hooked up via wired gigabit ethernet. I have two of the newest Apple TVs in the house as well that work without issue, one which is also hooked up to the TV that the HTPC is hooked up to where I have Aerodrom installed.

I will forward this info to you via e-mail as well.

Thanks

111.1.6.0 audio stuttering and high CPU usage Empty now audio is good Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 am

eddedrukker

my problem with the not very claer sound is solved on my htpc. thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum